[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.4 Windows

Jean Ghali jghali
Thu Jun 14 14:30:30 CEST 2007

Porfirio Ribeiro wrote:

> Is it possible to build with MingW+Msys?
> I have qt4 and mingw instaled, how hard will it be to compile?

Personnaly i use Visual C++ Express Edition for compiling 1.3.5svn and have
no experience with MingW and Msys. However here are some elements of answer.
On Windows, Scribus uses GDI+ for printing to GDI printers, mainly for
transparency support. As far as i know, MingW has currently no support for
GDI+ library, so compiling with GDI+ support is a bit compromised... There
is always some code which uses pure GDI calls, but that code is currently
unmaintained and honestly i don't know if it still work.
In all cases, the main task would be to adapt the build environnement. Since
1.3.5svn, we have dropped autotools support and switched to CMake. On
Windows, CMake can produce visual studio solutions as well as MinGW make
files. However there are still some linuxisms in our cmake files which
prevent to do so. So one should first remove them. If one would do the work,
the team would be happy to integrate the result in svn.

Jean