[Scribus] Pantone for Scribus-howto

linley caetan linleycaetan
Tue Jun 12 04:13:33 CEST 2007

Here is how to import the colours.
1. Download the colours from pantone here:
http://au.pantone.com/support/colorsystemsfiles/solid_to_process_single_EPS_file.ZIP
and unzip it.
2. Open scribus and select File>Edit>Colors
navigate to the unzipped .eps file and import it.

you now have all
 the colours in the pallette.

This file is not complete. It is missing metallic colours.

> 1. Pantone is not an ink company.
>
> 1 again. Pantone does not sell ink. (or I am totally ignorant of it.)
>
> 1. Pantone specifies colors. Pantone sells book with color samples.
> Pantone Inc. has established an industry standard by being successful at
> selling those sample books throughout the printing planet. Any printer
> can buy any inks they want and use the Pantone guide to mix the base
> colors in order to get the specified target. And this is what they do.
> All the time. Otherwise, there would be an ink monopoly and from what I
> know, there isn't. Yet.
>
> 1a. Pantone Matching System is good only if you print on similar stock

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in Australia?  Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html