[Scribus] 1.3.4 on MacOSX 10.3.9

John R. Culleton john
Mon Jun 11 15:56:27 CEST 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 07:36, william f. maddock wrote:
> I have been noticing a problem with scribus lately, beginning with
> version 1.3.3.7, then on 1.3.3.8, and finally, in version 1.3.4.
> Scribus crashes on exit and I have to force-quit in order to get
> rid of the remnants from memory. 1.3.3.x never gave a reason?it
> just crashed. On 1.3.4, however, when it crashed, a little dialog
> box came up that said "scribus crashes" with "Signal 11"
>
> I put "with" outside of quotes because I am not certain of that
> word being the word that was used in the dialog box.
>
> Also, when attempting to try out the barcode generator, I got the
> same result as with the earlier versions. It would go through the
> process, but not put the result on the page. There was also no
> option to paste anything, and when I tried to "select all", there
> was nothing to select, but 1.3.4 thought that it had imported EPS,
> because that was what was listed as the undo command: "undo import
> EPS"

The best and simplest way to create and use excellent ISBN barcode is
with a stand-alone program like bookland.py. It would be nice if a
progam was all integrated nicely into Scribus and had all the needed
features but apparently it isn't and hasn't. So create the ISBN
barcode image with or without price code extension using another
program or online facility  and then import the resulting eps and
place it where needed.  You may have to disable automatic resizing or
make sure the new size is very close to the original size.

That is the fastest, safest and surest way home.  In the meantime good
people are working to make things better. You can check back from
time to time on their progress.
--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting