[Scribus] Bleed and 1.3.4, again.

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Jun 9 23:33:40 CEST 2007

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have a friend (Quark user) who is faced with this problem: for cover
> art he is presented with an exact size representation of the cover.
> The printer wants  a 3/8" bleed.
>
> Now lets assume we handle this task in Scribus 1.3.4.
>
> 1. Assuming further that the art work is jpg, what would be the
> sequence for generating the necessary bleed?

If I undestand you correctly, you lack the image detail that would
normally be in the bleed region. Given this, your options are to:

- Stretch the image a little and crop the edges off (rather unattractive);
- Use an image editor to clone the edges of the image such that the edge
pixels are expanded out into the bleed region. This is probably the way
to go. It could be done with something like a clone tool, or just by
copying a 1px wide column/row and cloning it out into an expanded canvas
area on the image.

Scribus is not a pixel-oriented graphics editor, and probably can't help
you too much with fixing bleed on artwork supplied as a final image.

--
Craig Ringer