[Scribus] Exporting PDF Forms

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Jun 9 12:04:07 CEST 2007

Never you mind napisa?(a):
> On 04/06/2007, at 12:42 AM, Maciej Hanski wrote:
>
>> Never you mind napisa?(a):
>>> I've just installed scribus 1.3.3.9 and followed the "Create a PDF
>>> form" tutorial. The pdf that accompanies the tutorial works as
>>> expected. When I open the tutorial file and do File->Export->Save as
>>> PDF my file doesn't work as expected. The interactive fields don't
>>> allow user input. I'd like to be able to create PDF forms for
>>> interacting with web forms.
>>>
>> No good news here, since PDF forms support in Scribus 1.3.3.8, 1.3.3.9,
>> and the current 1.3.10cvs has been totally broken for a couple of
>> months, see these bug reports:
>>
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5442
>> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5444
>>

>> You could try using Scribus 1.3.4 (unstable series) for generating PDF
>> forms, but since 1.3.4 isn't recommended for production usage, we have
>> kind of deadlock in this area.
>
> That's bad news. I wanted to start building a lot of PDF forms and
> built Scribus specifically for that job. If I can't go forwards, can I
> go backwards to an earlier version (and how would I do that)?
>
> malcolm

I can't really recommend any specific version, I would start going
backwards with 1.3.3.7 (which should be less buggy than 1.3.3.8 and
1.3.3.9). If you don't need Umlauts and such non-English glyphs, you
could start with 1.3.3.8 too.

In the long run, we can only hope PDF forms support will be fixed again
in the next stable release 1.3.3.10.

hth
Maciej