[Scribus] sk1 - coreldraw of linux with cmyk prepress/printing cababilities.

avox avox
Wed Jun 6 17:30:42 CEST 2007

John R. Culleton wrote:

> I am having some fun doing a cover for an e-book using various tools.
> Thus far I have two TeX versions (quite different), a Gimp version
> and an Inkscape version.  I'll work on a Scribus version next.   See:
> http://typebye.com/test2.html
>
> Which cover does the list prefer? I'll try to duplicate it in Scribus.

With Scribus I'd do something like this (10MB):

http://aqua.scribus.net/culletoncover.pdf
http://aqua.scribus.net/culletoncover.pdf

The font is DejaVu Sans which could be improved upon.
Also some better manual kerning & alignment of the text is missing.

/Andreas