[Scribus] sk1 - coreldraw of linux with cmyk prepress/printing cababilities.

avox avox
Wed Jun 6 13:06:41 CEST 2007

John R. Culleton wrote:

> I am having some fun doing a cover for an e-book using various tools.
> Thus far I have two TeX versions (quite different), a Gimp version
> and an Inkscape version.  I'll work on a Scribus version next.   See:
> http://typebye.com/test2.html
>
> Which cover does the list prefer? I'll try to duplicate it in Scribus.
>
> The four covers were done using three different tools:
> 1. Tex (context),
> 2, Gimp, and
> 3. Inkscape.
>
> Who can match covers 1 through 4 with the correct tool?

1. Context - the formating of "can you type \bye" is kind of a giveaway,
also the choice of fonts
2. Gimp - photo background makes most sense with Gimp
3. Context - that was a tough one. Could have been done in any of those
programs, but then I noticed that you neither use extrusion nor outlining
for the title, just shadow; that's the max you can get out of TeX in terms
of font effects AFAIK.
4. Inkscape - transparent blue band is something you'd do in Inkscape
(Outlined font is not possible in TeX AFAIK)

Cheers
/Andreas