[Scribus] Repos down?

John R. Culleton john
Tue Jun 5 20:58:15 CEST 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007 12:12, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> For a couple of days I have been unable to connect to the Debian
> Scribus repos:
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://debian.scribus.net/debian/dists/feisty/Release  Unable to
> find expected entry  restricted/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index
> file (malformed Release file?)
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/feisty/Release  Unable to
> find expected entry  restricted/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index
> file (malformed Release file?)
>
> Is this a temporary problem?
>
> Blessings,

My suggestion: download the source and compile. That is what Slackware
folks do. That way you are not tied to someone else's update
schedule.  It puts you more in control.  The drill is not
complicated:
download
unzip
tar xvf
cd directory
./configure
make
make install
done.

It's a slow process but often not as slow as waiting for someone else
to do the packaging bit.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting