[Scribus] German special vowel symbols with Scribus on Ubuntu

Martin Tlustos martin_tlustos
Tue Jun 5 17:36:15 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 4. Juni 2007 18:06 schrieb scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de:
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:26:50 +0200
> From: Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] German special vowel symbols with Scribus on
> ????????Ubuntu
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>
> Am Montag, 4. Juni 2007 13:48 schrieb Martin Tlustos:
> > Hi,
> > Scribus somehow doesn't know about german vowel symbols like ? and ? and
> > stuff. Is that because of the lc_all workaround? How can I get round it?
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Martin
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> your font must contain umlauts and other special characters to display and
> print them. I suppose the one you tried doesn't.
>
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,
this is not a font problem - I use Gentium for the work. Scribus doesn't put
the vowel characters in at all - there's not even those boxes that show up
when using a insufficient font.
Martin
P.S.: by the way - this happens with Scribus-ng and with Scribus 1.3.3.9, but
only when the LC_ALL=C option is used.