[Scribus] next stabilized version (was:Re: Version 1.3.4 for Windows XP)

Helge Hielscher hhielscher
Mon Jun 4 18:36:53 CEST 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:54:13 +0200, Craig Bradney wrote:
> 1.3.5 will not be generally more stable than 1.3.4. 1.3.5 is our move to Qt4
> and within that timeframe we are fixing some issues found in 1.3.4. 1.3.5 is
> a massive rewrite of a LOT of code to work with Qt4. Even though most of the
> things are working in 1.3.5svn, there are a lot that are simply broken due
> to the conversion and this will take time to work through.
>
> 1.3.3.x will remain the stable version for awhile yet and we would suggest
> remaining with that. Technically, the next stable version is 1.4.0 (so yes,
> another few development releases to go), but we will have to see if we again
> break the mold and stabilise another odd numbered release, at this point, I
> doubt it but we will see how 1.3.6 goes.
>
>> For me and I suspect others, the bleeds are one of the functions [..]

Does that mean that there will be no stabilized version with bleed support
in the near future?
I believe the scribus community is quite patient. Remember the feature
freeze for 1.3.4 was 2006-11-14. With the big announcement of 1.3.4
2007-05-29 you made lots of mouths water even more.
I was hoping that there would (have) be(en) a version 1.3.4.1 with the
major bugs fixed. A version that one could finally recommend to others.

If you are telling us to wait for 1.4 (or even 1.3.6), how long is
that going to take if 1.3.4 took a year?

What can the community do to help?

Regards,
Helge