[Scribus] How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Jun 3 02:10:54 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
[...]
>> Ok, that prompted me to take a look in the ~/.scribus directory Andreas.
>>   I found only a tmp.ps file printed from 1.3.4, obviously the file I
>> tried printing as I've only done one.  Do you suppose the file is being
>> put there as tmp.ps and Scribus is calling the wrong file to print?
>> Rather than the original name of the file, it's renaming it to tmp.ps,
>> yet the command to print is using the real name?
>>
> When you print without saving to a specific name, Scribus creates the
> tmp.ps file and passes the printing job on to the default or whatever
> you've chosen. After it prints, it's supposed to delete the file (if
> you've chosen to print vs. simply save as a file).
>
> Greg

Ok, again, I was curious, so decided to print the tmp.ps file via the
shell command.  It worked, printing the file I had attempted to do
earlier from Scribus.  It wanted to print page after page of the same
thing, but yet it did work with the lpr command.  Printing directly from
Scribus causes the printer to output pages, but blank ones, no printing.
  For some reason, it didn't remove the tmp.ps file as it should have.
That could be another problem the developers need to look at.

Pat
--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6--Linux 2.6.21---
         Registered Linux User #225206