[Scribus] Using tiff's in Scribus

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Jul 27 01:37:36 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2007 20:53 schrieb Stewart Noy:
> I'm using Gimp to convert my jpeg photo's into tiff files.
> Without the LZW compression an average pic is 9mb and with is around 6mb.
> I was wondering if there are any disadvantages/advantages in not using the
> compression? Will I run into any pitfalls along the way in terms of
> Scribus' performance? The book will be about 200 pages long, and include a
> number of pictures.

As long as your files aren't progressive JPEGs, you can use them in Scribus
without any hassles, provided the resolution is sufficient.

Also, I suggest you split up your project into parts. 200 pages in a single
file is currently out of the scope of Scribus capabilities, at least if you
want to work with reasonable speed.

HTH

Christoph