[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 25 22:27:08 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juli 2007 22:20 schrieb dax702:
> I just went to File, Print, selected the Laserwriter printer from the
> dropdown, checked the "print to file" box, hit ok, then it asked me "output
> file name" and I typed it in, and hit ok, and that's it.

No printer options? There must be a dialog.

> BTW, the PNG file
> printed out crystal clear on my laser printer so I'm not worried about
> print quality right now.

Do you intend to print on that printer?

> I'm just trying to find a way to make ANY format
> look good on the screen for ease of editing and proofreading so I don't
> have to keep zooming in and out to see what I'm looking at.

Proofreading on screen is always a _bad_ idea. Print the file and proofread on
paper. That's much more sane.

> I know the
> program is junk, it hasn't been developed since early 2005.  But that's
> what I have to work with so there's no point in complaining about it.  The
> postscript option doesn't seem to be working whatsoever, so I think I'm
> just going to go back to the high resolution PNG and do it that
>
> What do you mean by "What happens if you print the pages separately into
> files?"

GSview tells me that the PS file contains of two pages. If you try to print
page 1 first, then page 2 (to file, that is), can you import one of the
resulting files into Scribus?

Christoph