[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

John R. Culleton john
Wed Jul 25 13:27:11 CEST 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007, dax702 wrote:
> Hi, it is possible, but not probable at this point.  They just want
> to take what is already done and work with it because it's time
> consuming (especially with Finale!!!) to re-enter all that music,
> there's a lot of it. The image I posted was just a sample PNG file
> that this other software can export.

Understqnd your situation. For your next (or somebody's) music
notaiton project may I suggest mup, a shareware product that cost me
$29 USD many years ago. The two authors update it regularly and
answer questions on this mailing list.  The output is ps.  You can of
course size things on the page but currently the page is always 8.5 x
11.  I think one could put some music notation in the upper left hand
corner of the page and then crop the page in Scribus by resizing the
space where the graphic was put.

Mup output is not a bitmap. It is typeset ps.  This is a significant
advantage. Massaging in Gimp or Photoshop will lose this advantage.
Massaging in Inkscape might or might not preserve the vector nature
of the ps file; I will inquire.

Mup is found at
http://www.arkkra.com

--