[Scribus] Still new … and learning

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Wed Jul 25 12:37:19 CEST 2007

2007/7/25, Andrew <akroiter at tpg.com.au>:

> Hi folks,
>
> Thanks for your help with the interchangeability of files.
>
> I'm on Mac OSX 10.4.10 and when I start Scribus, I get a message
> about needing to install Ghostscript.
>
> I have downloaded the file from Sourceforge - no problem there. This
> page, http://www.scribus.net/index.php?
> name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3 , says to move the framework
> to /library/frameworks. I must be a bit thick as I can't work out
> what 'the framework' is.

Hi Andrew,

At the first level of your Mac you must have this folder named Librairy and
inside this you must have another folder named Framework. This is where to
copy Ghostscript once you have downloaded and unpacked the files. All
instructions are on the following page.

http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=3&page=1

One last step is to tell Scribus where that ghostscript file is located.
This is trickier. Close all opened documents. Go to File > Preferences and
locate in the list on the left the icon External Tools. If there is no path
to Ghostscript, the following one should work.

/Library/Frameworks/Ghostscript.framework/bin/gsc

If it doesn't, please get back on the list and someone more knowledgeable
will be able to further help you.

HTH

Louis

Again, thanks for your help!