[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue Jul 24 23:24:33 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 23:13 schrieb dax702:
> OK, I think I've got this almost solved.  I printed out a page with the PNG
> file sized to the frame and it looked crystal clear on the printout.  The
> only issue I'd like to resolve is the display quality of the PNG file on
> the screen when it's fit to the frame, it doesn't look clear at all until I
> zoom in over 200% so from an editing standpoint, it's hard to tell what
> picture I'm looking at because it's unclear if I'm zoomed out.  Whereas,
> the EPS imported from the other program is nice and clear no matter where
> my zoom is.

You can change the preview quality in the context menu for each image
separately or for all images in the Document Setup (Tools > Picture Frame
Settings.

> So ideally, I would like to be able to convert these PNG
> files to EPS (or something else) so that they look clear on the screen when
> zoomed out to make editing easier.  Can this be done? If so, how?

The EPS files you imported are probably vector files. Converting a bitmap to
eps doesn't create vector graphics, but a bitmap image in a Psotscript file,
so the result won't change. Use the methods described above to improve the
preview.

HTH

Christoph