[Scribus] Line around text box

Ted Powell ted
Tue Jul 17 18:37:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:18:09PM +1000, Doug & Lisha Belbin wrote:
> I highlight the text box, then click the LINE palette. This allows me to
> set thickness, curved corners and other wondrous things, but there is no
> way I can find to say 'DO IT'.
>
> With shading, click on the shade you want and it sets that color. With
> 'LINE', click on the line you want and NOTHING HAPPENS.
>
> What do I need to do?

In the Properties window, click on Colors.
Click the button that shows a pencil drawing a line.
Select any colour other than "None".

When you change something in Properties with a mouse click, the change
will generally happen right away. When you change something by typing in
a field, the change will generally happen when focus leaves the field
(e.g. hit the Tab key, or click somewhere else). There is no "DO IT"
button. If something you change in Properties has no visible effect,
it's generally worth checking whether the thing you are changing is
actually meant to be visible (e.g. color == None).

--
Ted Powell <ted at psg.com>   http://psg.com/~ted/
This is *my* computer, not Microsoft's.