[Scribus] Using Templates with scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Jul 13 03:31:05 CEST 2007

ldbrazil wrote:
> I am a brand new user of scribus.  I downloaded two sets of templates
> offered for scribus - scribus 1.2.tar.tar and 1.2.1 .  I decompressed
> the files, but cannot find an executable to load the software so that
> scribus can see and use the templates.  Please help me.
You haven't mentioned what platform/version you're using (Scribus).
If you're using Windows, forget it.

This is something old on the website (ca. 2005) so it no doubt applies
to a rather aged version of Scribus. What you need to do if you want to
experiment is the standard ./configure --prefix, --prefix applying to
the directory where your Scribus is installed. Then do 'make install'.
This is all in the README (always good to read READMEs) in the directory
you should have created when you extracted the file with tar.

And of course this simply may not work with a recent version of Scribus.

There are templates included with the version of Scribus you're using,
accessed per Owen's suggestion.

I think it's safe to say that the templates are not a popular feature. I
would suggest diving into the Wiki where you can learn much more about
how to use Scribus:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page

Greg