[Scribus] Black becomes lighter when exported to PDF

Marcin Szafran jm_sz
Tue Jul 10 08:42:38 CEST 2007

Wiadomosc napisana przez John Brown, 10.07.2007 3:57, zawierala m.in.
takie slowa:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using version 1.3.3.9 n Windows XP.
>
> I created an empty black text frame, and used it as the background to a white
> (or transparent) text frame containing white text (Why? please see my previous
> thread). I also created normal text frames with black text. When I exported to
> PDF, the black background was not quite black. It was a very dark gray.
>
> It looks black in Scribus, but not in the PDF (Acrobat Reader 8.0, also in KPDF
> on kubuntu 7.04). The black (black text and black background) is lighter in the
> printed  PDF also. The document is black and white, except for one word in red,
> and I only have a black-and-white printer, so I don't know (or care right now)
> if other colours are affected.
>
> How can I fix this?
check your colour profiles - specially for printer (in most such cases
that is the reason). turn it off and try  to create pdf. also check if
your black is cmyk black (c0 m0 y0 k100) and not rgb.
	marcin