[Scribus] Scribus not starting

russbucket russbucket
Thu Jul 5 18:45:38 CEST 2007

On Thursday July 5 2007 00:42, rcook at pcug.org.au wrote:
> > I reinstalled SUSE10.2, Scribus 1.3.5svn-11.1 today after loosing a disk
> > drive. When I click the icon it tries to start but never does.
> >
> > I had it running fine before crash and was doing some development of a
> > new newsletter. Do you have any idea what to look for. It appears I have
> > at least
> > 200MB of free memory and 200 GB of disk space. Swap area has lots of free
> > space also.
> >
> > May have to drop back to 1.3.3.9 or 1.3.4.
>
> Does they work? Anyway, What happens when you start scribus from the
> command line, any messages?
>

> Owen

sent following additional information this morning.

I sent an email yesterday about Scribus not starting at 8:30PM. Today I did a
little more looking. Below is the manual command I tried today and the error
message I get. I had downloaded Scribus 1.3.5 yesterday from mrdocs. Before
my disk crashed I was running 1.3.5 but a different svn release I think.

Command:
?/usr/bin/scribus

Error:
/usr/bin/scribus: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/scribus: undefined symbol:
_ZN9QListData7detach2Ev

--
Russ
Linux register user 441463