[Scribus] Copying text

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Tue Jul 3 19:01:23 CEST 2007

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:08:41 +1000
Roger <hovergo at net-tech.com.au> dijo:

> <snip>
> Is there a secret way to copy and paste text from other applications? I
> have text in a Firefox page, selected and copied it, but Scribus
> continues to paste something I placed in the clipboard several hours
> ago from another program. I pasted the new text into Gedit as an
> interim, but Scribus is still seeing the old data.
> </snip>
> ------------==========----------
> but Scribus is still seeing the old data. ----- because that is still in the buffer.
>
> I use this method frequently.
> Paste the selection into gedit, save it with a .txt extention (for instance
> xxxxx.txt)  to an appropriate text folder
> The name doesn't matter unless you want to refer to it at a later stage.
> Then in Scribus open a text box, Get Text and open the xxxxx.txt file and it
> inserts the text file instead of the buffer.

In my case the text was just a couple paragraphs for the back cover of
a book. I didn't want to bother saving to  text file. As it happens I
had OOo open at the time, so I pasted it into an OOo page, then copied
and pasted from OOo to Scribus. That worked.

I recall some time back OOo had a very similar problem with copying and
pasting. Eventually the problem was resolved and it now works fine. I
am sure this is a problem that Scribus can overcome as well.