[Scribus] Copy and paste

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Mon Jul 2 23:40:33 CEST 2007

rcook wrote:
> This is what I do on my 32 bit Ubuntu Feisty with Gnome
>
> Select by highlighting the application text
> Use that application's Edit->Copy
> Go to the Scribus text editor
> Scribus Text editor Edit->Paste
>
> Works every time.
>
> What doesn't work, but did on KDE (I think) was to simply highlight
> the
> selected text and click paste into the editor

It does work if you paste into the editor by hitting the middle
mouse button. That's a Linux function sometimes called "pick up and
paste": swipe the mouse over text to highlight it, then go to the
place you want to paste and hit the middle mouse button. If you
don't have a mouse with a middle button or scroll wheel, you can hit
the left and right mouse buttons together to paste.

Generally, selecting Paste does not paste what you copied solely by
highlighting. You need to use a Copy command in order to get such
highlighted material into the X or window manager's clipboard so it
can be pasted through a Paste command.
--Judy Miner
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786