[Scribus] Scribus for Mac OS X

Michael Crisci macrisci
Wed Jan 31 05:17:33 CET 2007

Hello,

    I checked all my FONT areas, and after I went through your list
and compared each folder, I found out that both lists are exact.
No fonts were moved out of the recommended folders. Now I also have
these fonts in my user/library/font folder:

Symbol
AdobeFnt07.lst
ARDS1
BalmoNor
Balmoral.scr
Batang.ttf
Bodon
BodonBol
BodonBolIta
Bodoni.scn
BodonIta
BodonMTUltBolIta
BodonOpe
BodonReg
BodonRegObl
BodonUltBol
BookmDem
BookmDemIta
BookmLig
BookmLigIta
Casual
Christmas font
CWMAGIK_.ttf
DomCas
DomCasBol
Goodfish-Bold Italic.suit
Goodfish-Bold.suit
Goodfish-Italic.suit
Goodfish.suit
Gulim.ttf
Handsign.ttf
MS Gothic.ttf
MS Mincho.ttf
MS PGothic.ttf
MS PMincho.ttf
Myriad Music Fonts 4.0
PMingLUI.ttf
Roughwork
SimSun.ttf
Symbo

    I went to move them and the Asian fonts, (being careful to
indicate to myself where they came from), and restarted my machine.

A real mess ensued after that!
The machine wouldn't get beyond a certain point, I had to keep
rebooting, I did a safe boot, I checked permissions, I used Onyx, and
it just was
a real mess.  Finally, I replaced everything the way it was before I
started back into their respective font folders, and rebooted. I was
finally back to normal.
That was almost a whole night's work.

    Okay, I want to tell you that Scribus can't possibly be worth
this problem. I realized that many of the fonts must belong to menu
items that I use on an everyday basis. As you can see, my list isn't
that long, so I can't imagine having to go through all this work just
to run Scribus. I also deleted all the scribus files and program, re-
downloaded it, and started fresh. I still have the same problems.

Michael Crisci

"