[Scribus] Exporting "styled" text?

Clayborne Arevalo clayborne.arevalo
Sat Jan 27 22:47:03 CET 2007

Is there any way for Scribus to export styled text?
Basically I'm looking for the ability to edit text that has
already been formatted with paragraph styles, etc., in a text
editor like Emacs or Elvis *without* losing the styles.

I know I can edit the Scribus document itself in a text
editor. However the .sla file is filled with formatting
controls that are irrelevant to the content of the text
(e.g. for color and stroke). This makes editing difficult,
even risky. Something that looks like hand-crafted LaTeX
or HTML would be okay