[Scribus] Embedding LaTeX

avox avox
Tue Jan 23 01:13:34 CET 2007

Caspar Bothmer-2 wrote:

> Craig Bradney wrote:
> | It hasnt changed, but it will later in Scribus 1.3.x or 1.5.x.
>
> One question:
>
> what will be in scribus -- a rendering engine which understands latex
> source or will you make use of the original latex rendering engine?

We plan to use TeX/LaTeX to flow text into Scribus's texframes.
So it will be the original TeX rendering engine with a special prelude
to set custom page sizes (== size of Scribus texframes) and
making available the colors and fonts which were declared in the
Scribus document.
We might also support a similar approach as the preview package
to allow LaTeX snippets as inline graphics within regular Scribus
textframes.

/Andreas