[Scribus] Scribus and Mac OS X not working!

avox avox
Fri Jan 19 15:23:17 CET 2007

Jonathan Howard-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie so I hope I'm posting in the right place.
>
> I recently downloaded Scribus for Mac OS X but it's not working on my
> iMac - Stuffit has expanded the .tar file & the scribus.app icon is
> sitting on my desktop, but it won't open or run - when I double-click
> it nothing happens. Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Jon
>
> PS I'm using a 15" flat-panel iMac (G4 800MHz, 256 MB RAM) running OSX
> 10.2.8

^^^^^^ This might be the problem

The binaries were build on 10.4.8 PPC and are reported to run on 10.3.9 PPC
and 10.4 Intel under Rosetta. My guess it needs a separate build for 10.2.

Either upgrade OSX or install Scribus via Fink.

/Andreas