[Scribus] License of scripts

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Fri Jan 19 11:57:06 CET 2007

Dnia pi?tek, 19 stycznia 2007, Branko Vukelic napisa?:
> On Friday 19. January 2007. 00:56, avox wrote:
> > It will only be a copyright infringement if the Scribus team copies his
> > code instead of writing their own code.
> > You have to separate "copyright" from "patents". With patents you can
> > protect ideas, but AFAIK that doesn't work with software in Europe.
> > Copyright doesn't protect ideas but the written form. Rewriting the same
> > ideas with your own words is legal, and even citing if it's limited to
> > small parts and falls under fair use. That's why I don't think all
> > scripts for Scribus fall under the Scribus copyright.
>
> AFAIK, patent-free is only valid for fundamental ideas...

Nope, here in Europe so called methods & concepts cannot be legally enforced,
although some companies try to patent them. IMHO scripts which are written
for Scribus do not in any part interfere with the code, because it's Scribus
(more or less) which parses them exactly the way python does or any
C/C++/insert_language_here does. Things created and parsed by GPL-ed software
do not automatically fall under the GPL..

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
Dateiname   : nicht verf?gbar