[Scribus] Facing Pages (or Reader Spread) Feature lost?

Niels Weckwarth niels
Mon Jan 15 11:29:16 CET 2007

 >>  >> Hi!
 >> >  >>
 >> >  >> I'm missing the display-option of "facing pages" in the current
windows
 >> >  >> release 1.3.3.7. I'm using an old 1.2.4.1 on unix in parallel
where
 >> > this
 >> >  >> option exists. The feature is still described in the "Getting
started"
 >> >  >> but is missing in the screenshots. Was it discontinued or is it an
 >> >  >> platform-dependent feature?
 >> >  >>
 >> >  >> Ciao,
 >> >  >>
 >> >  >>      Niels
 >> >
 >> >  > > I'm missing the display-option of "facing pages" in the current
windows
 >> >  > > release 1.3.3.7.
 >> >
 >> >  > It's called double sided now.
 >> >
 >> > Well, not exactly. I meant the *display option*, formerly
available as
 >> > "Facing Pages". This caused the pages to be displayed
"Side-by-Side" so
 >> > you could scroll horizontally through your file. I my opinion the
best
 >> > solution I've ever seen, especially to view the text-flow in linked
 >frames.
 >
 >It is as has been mentioned, double sided. The functionality is the >same.

I'm getting two pages side-by-side, so it's not the same. In my old
release I'm able to scroll through the whole document horizontally,
every single page next to the other. So there is no need to scroll
vertically.

Ciao,

	Niels