[Scribus] Color Management issues

Terence Chan terence
Sun Jan 14 22:06:04 CET 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> printer/destination profile. Now if I include an RGB picture into
> Scribus and produce a CMYK PDF (Printer target), the picture comes out
> different than when I convert the RGB picture to CMYK with embedded
> EuroscaleCoated profile using tifficc. The picture converted by Scribus
> looked greenish (there were mostly yellow/orangish colors in the
> picture).

What PDF version and viewer are you using? I had a similar experience
earlier myself but in my case, the problem was to do with PDF version/PDF
viewer rather than colour management. For some reason Acrobat 7 reader
renders the colours greenish on screen with PDF 1.x but printing
should be fine - if you want to see good colours on screen try using
another PDF viewer like kpdf or xpdf, also exporting to PDF X3
should give good results for nearly all PDF viewers.

Terence