[Scribus] Work stuck in Scribus...

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Sun Jan 14 13:03:42 CET 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:17:43PM +0100, Branko Vukelic wrote:

> A friend contacted me telling me that most shops nowadays accept PDF 1.4 and
> that probability of success is most likely well above 50%, so I will
> recommend my client to use the PDF 1.4 files anyway.

They tell you, they accept PDF 1.4, but no transparency... I know of a
shop which accepts PDF/X, but no RGB pictures. Theory and practice.

These days I had problems with a proof system (BestColor, Stylus 3000
IIRC) - the PDF just didn't render. They imported it in Corel, then
printed to PS, then printed that. Phew. And they looked scared at me "with
my Unix" (I had told them that I use Scribus on Linux a year ago or so,
they remembered...).

Bye,

Tino.

--