[Scribus] Work stuck in Scribus...

jon info
Sun Jan 14 05:01:11 CET 2007

Am 14.01.2007 um 03:30 schrieb Branko Vukelic:

> 1. Ghostscript (and related tools) do not support transparency
> 2. Scribus has no transparency flattener
> 3. Acrobat Reader can output flattened PostScript files that
> successfully
> translate to PDF 1.3

I am not sure how AdobeReader should sucessfully translate
transparencies.
Distiller and Acrobat 8 are able to do that anyway.
I think if you try to print from AcrobatReader (to file or printer) you
will use
your systems or printers ps-tools to flatten and rasterize. but I may
be wrong.

If your only need is to flatten .svg files from inkscape you might also
try to export them as bitmaps.
I never tried, but inkscape is able to do so. Don't forget to set the
proper resolution and other settings.
Jon