[Scribus] PDF in Windows

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Jan 12 10:49:43 CET 2007

> Original HTML messages are attached

Why would you suggest Inkscape for editing a PNG made from a PDF over
Scribus? In Scribus, you can import a PDF into an image frame and place text
frames over the top as required. SVG's text capabilities are average, and
Inkscape cannot handle the creation of PDF forms.

The importation of PDF into Scribus image frames depends heavily on
Ghostscript and if it is too old or not there, it just won't work. There are
3 varieties, ESP, GPL and AFPL, of which AFPL leads the way but all are
available in an 8.x version, with 8.54 being the latest.

Regards
Craig