[Scribus] Viewing generated pdfs on Linux

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Jan 7 17:02:10 CET 2007

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:11:10 +0100
> Plinnell <mrdocs at scribus.info> dijo:
>

>>> Any recommendations for a pdf viewer?
>>>
>> You can try GSview and the latest available Ghostscript. It does not
>> color manage the display like Acro Reader, so CMYK colors may not
>> display accurately, but it does handle PDF well. And its fast.
>>

> What is the filename for GSview? I looked in Synaptic and it is not
> listed. Is it under another name?

Different distros seem to have their own tweaks of this. In its simplest
the binary is named 'gv'. In KDE it's 'kghostview'.
Try this command to see if you can find it:
ls /usr/bin/*ghost*
or
ls /usr/bin/*gv*

Greg