[Scribus] Basepoint selection not possible

Michael Koren kung42o
Sun Jan 7 02:40:00 CET 2007

Frank Cox wrote:

> I have put up a file here:
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/plumbing.tar.bz2
>
> Load Scribus 1.3.3.6.
>
> Open this file and you will see two invoice forms.  Left-click one either
> one
> of them, the frame shows around both invoices.  Then right-click and
> select
> Properties.
>
> You can't make a selection under "Basepoint".

I thought so. This is known bug #3640--which elements in Properties are
enabled for a group depends on which item in it you click on to select it.
You can't currently change the basepoint of lines (which in turn is bug
#689), so if you click on a line, you can't set the basepoint for the group.
Workaround: select the group by clicking on one of the other frames in it;
then you can change basepoints.

Caveat: you might not like the results anyway, due to bug #3424 (sigh)--the
coordinates of groups are displayed wrong after changing basepoints. :(  The
width and height seem ok though. There is a workaround for this too
though--change the basepoint to what you want, then deselect and reselect
the group and everything's ok (until you change the basepoint again. :)

So there are three bugs involved. I've run into them many times myself. :)

HTH,
Michael