[Scribus] Viewing generated pdfs on Linux

Plinnell mrdocs
Sat Jan 6 22:11:10 CET 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 22:04, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> I've tried xpdf, evince, kpdf and acroread.
> None displays the pdf the way my Scribus document looks.
> xpdf: Font looks too fat.
> evince: Black and transparent areas are displayed opaque white and
> fonts looks too fat.
> kpdf: Font looks too fat.

All of these have some well known limitations displaying some kinds of
PDF from Scribus, especially PDF 1.4+ with transparency.

> acroread: document distorted, displayed at reduced width, but
> document info in the file menu shows correct dimensions.

I would look into the preferences of Acrobat Reader. There are a few
controls which can dramatically change the way PDF displays.

> Any recommendations for a pdf viewer?

You can try GSview and the latest available Ghostscript. It does not
color manage the display like Acro Reader, so CMYK colors may not
display accurately, but it does handle PDF well. And its fast.

> Philipp

Hints are in the toolbox section under PDF and Acro Reader in the help
docs.

Peter