[Scribus] Scribus Logo (icon) - License?

Branko Vukelic bg.branko
Fri Jan 5 23:17:14 CET 2007

On Friday 05. January 2007. 22:54, Ludi Maciel wrote:
> Hi people.
> Please, I need to know whether the logo is copyrighted or not (GPL, CC).
> I'm trying to upload the file to the Wikimedia Commons but they don't
> allow 'fair use' images.

I don't know about the Scribus log (would like to know, too), but, Ludi, you
should know that GPL and CC are licenses. Copyrighted work is released under
the terms of GPL, CC, and similar licenses in order to disclaim some of the
rights that are otherwise reserved by copyright holders. Therefore, a GPL'd
work is

Copyright(c) Most rights not reserved

while a full copyright is

Copyright(c) All rights reserved

Some people talk about copyleft, but that's not a legal term. The term
describes a piece of work which is copyrighted and released under a free
license such as GPL or some variants of CC, and similar licenses.

Best regards,

Branko Vukelic