[Scribus] pdf bug still not fixed

Dwain Alford dwain.alford
Tue Feb 27 09:26:16 CET 2007

sorry, i don't remember the number, but i think it was in january when
1.3.3.7 came out.  is the new version of 1.3.3.8 available through the web
site?  i downloaded that version when i received the announcement today.  is
there a cvs version for windows and where would i find it?

dwain

On 2/27/07, Franz Schmid <Franz.Schmid at altmuehlnet.de> wrote:

> Dwain Alford schrieb:
> > i reported this bug back in version 1.3.3.4 and a fix was issued in
> > 1.3.3.5-1.  since then each version after has either crashed acrobat 5
> > (full
> > version) on opening or the data entered into a form field disappears
> when i
> > tab to the next field.
> >
> > 1.3.3.5-1 is flawless in producing a pdf form and allowing the data to
> be
> > entered and saved.
> >
> > my question to the developers:  what happened?
> >
> > in the past, some of you have suggested that i upgrade to the latest
> > version
> > of acrobat and have asked why the full version.  well, first, i don't
> have
> > the money to upgrade to the full version of acrobat 8 and second, i need
> > the
> > full version to be able to save the forms, which you can't do in reader.
> >
> > but the question still remains, what happened to the fix that worked in
> > 1.3.3.5-1 and the later versions of scribus?  don't get me wrong, i
> don't
> > mind using the version that works, but i some how feel cheated that i
> can't
> > have the improvements being made because of this one snafu.
> >
> > dwain
> Can you remember the number of the Bug? That would be helpful.
> But first try out our new 1.3.3.8 version, we have fixed a
> couple of PDF bugs there, including at least 2 bugs regarding
> PDF-Forms.
>
> Franz Schmid

dwain alford
p.o. box 145