[Scribus] Shaped text area

Riku Leino tsoots
Tue Feb 20 20:15:17 CET 2007

Test wrote:
> I'm new to DTP in general and Scribus in specific. Is there any way I
> can type a text into a shape? I have seen in cards and newsletters where
> a paragraph is in a shaped text box, eg. a star, or an ellipse.

Create your text frame and shape it, should work. In the properties palette's
shape tab there's a button from where you can pick different types of shapes.
If that's not enough you can click on the edit shape button which will pop up
a shape edit tool thingy you can use to make your custom shapes. It's also
possible first to draw a polygon of desired shape and right click on it and
convert to text frame.