[Scribus] Scribus OSX downloads (for a real dummy)

jon info
Mon Feb 19 11:01:50 CET 2007

> Jonathan Howard-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I posted on here a few weeks back when I couldn't get Scribus to run
>> on OSX 10.2.8 - thanks to those who pointed out my error! I've now
>> upgraded to 10.4.8 and I'm looking to install the best version of
>> Scribus for my iMac.
>>
>> I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me because I'm absolutely
>> not a computer expert. I can use Appleworks & read my email & that's
>> about it. I found the download instructions on scribus.net a little
>> confusing: should I download & install Scribus 1.3.3.2 (which seems
>> an easier download to organize) or should I use 1.3.3.7 from
>> Sourceforge? If I use the Sourceforge option, which of the files on
>> that page do I need to install? (Or is it all of them?)
>>

> Just Scribus-Aqua-1.3.3.7.tar.bz2 from Sourceforge and either
> Ghostscript 8.50 from sourceforge or AFPL Ghostscript 8.54 from
> aqua.scribus.net. I recommend the latter.

Files to DL:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/scribus/
Scribus.Aqua-1.3.3.7.rc1.tar.bz2?modtime=1168615615&big_mirror=0

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/scribus/Ghostscript-8.50-
macosx.tar.bz2?modtime=1148916383&big_mirror=0

OR

http://aqua.scribus.net/AFPL-Ghostscript-8.54.tar.bz2

OSX 10.4.8 is able to decompress bz2 and tar (decompress both (simple
doubleclick) until you have plain folders or file(s) of each)

scribus goes to "/Applications/"

ghostscript.framework goes to "/Library/Frameworks/
Ghostscript.framework/"

Start scribus. Scribus will complain about the missing postscript
interpreter. That's okay for this time.

go to scribus "prefs" - go to "external tools" - enter:

/Library/Frameworks/Ghostscript.framework/Versions/8.54/bin/gs

for the path of the postscript interpreter

The first time scribus starts up it may need time to write its font
cache, - depending on how much fonts are installed in your system.

Jon