[Scribus] Script to import addresses

Owen rcook
Sun Feb 18 21:18:22 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:24:00 -0500
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> Obviously, I have a weak social life since this is what I'm doing on a
> Saturday night.
>
> Here is a script, importadd.py, that will import addresses from a plain
> text file.
> As written, what it does is take addresses, create a text frame, then
> for the next address make a new page. Modifications could allow it to be
> used in an existing document. I'll make a page on the Wiki about it
> tomorrow.
>
> I also include a sample address file, which uses a single blank line
> after each address as a trigger to create the text frame, clear the
> address and go back to the file for the next address, so it must end in
> a blank line. If you have two or more blank lines between addresses, you
> will get frames on blank pages.

That's a very fine start and I am sure it will get developed further by the python types.

1. I am sure there is a python equivalent of 'set paragraph mode' to '\n\n'
2. It could lend itself to a gui that allows selection of
   a. position
   b. font

Anyway as it is, it is perfectably usable, thank you.

Owen