[Scribus] Text squished up

Nicholas Xylas nxylas
Fri Feb 16 15:27:33 CET 2007

I am new to Scribus, and am trying to create a program for a luncheon
event. One of the text boxes on the front cover contains three lines of
text, in a large font. The trouble is, when I hit the check nbox on the
story editor and the text appears in the box, the spacing is
non-existent - the top of the letters on the second line are literally
touching the bottom of the letters on the first line. Is there a way to
rectify this without going into double spacing?