[Scribus] My PDF file was printed not right by a factory

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Feb 13 01:24:31 CET 2007

Tino Schwarze wrote:

>>> All I have is Adobe Reader, and it seems to do just fine, Linux or Windows.
>> Sorry I mean PDF to film output (not PDF to paper printing). Does your
>> answer apply to this too?
>
> I suppose, there's no generic answer. The print shop setups are too
> diverse to say anything about it in general. Newer printing equipment
> directly supports PDF, older maybe doesn't. And even if the equipment
> supports it, the people might not use that capability because of lack of
> knowlege, "we always did it that way" etc.

Yep. The most important thing is to talk to your printers and find out:
	- What they're used to
	- What they know how to deal with
	- How they plan to process your job
	- What they want
... because working with your printer *will* get you better results.

As for importing into Photoshop - that should actually be alright,
though it won't look as good as a PDF that was RIPed specifically for
the target device. It sounds like they rasterised the PDF at too low a
resolution as well, which is a real pity.

--
Craig Ringer