[Scribus] How do you create colors - newbie question

Ralph Cramden stapstop
Mon Feb 12 19:25:43 CET 2007

I found my mistake. I was clicking on the Colors button from the properties box instead of looking up on the menubar here: Edit>Colors.

Ralph Cramden <stapstop at yahoo.com> wrote: Greetings!

I am going through the newbies tutorial on the Scribus Wiki and I'm stuck here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:4#Create_Colors

I can't figure out how to Create Colors in the newest version of Scribus. Here is a quote from the section that is giving me trouble:

Create Colors   Hold on! Don't fill this with the same 69% Black. Let's give it a fresh lime green color. Go to Edit > Colors... in the menu. A dialog box listing existing colors displays on your screen. Click on 'New' and give your new color swatch a name, 'Lime Green' (if you already have a LimeGreen, call it LimeGreen2 or something else).

I cant fine the 'New' button. I can see it in screen shots of the older versions of Scribus but not in version 1.3.3.7.

Any advice would be appreciated.

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.