[Scribus] acrobat crashes opening a pdf

Dwain Alford dwain.alford
Thu Feb 8 02:34:12 CET 2007

i tried it in nitro pdf professional and every third letter or so did not
display.  besides, i use the full version of acrobat so i can save the form;
can't do that in reader.

i had reported this happening in version 1.3.3.6.  there was a bit more
control in that version than is in 1.3.3.7.  the thing that bothers me about
the setting in the pdf is that it is set not to run javascript.  to my
understanding when i first reported this problem is that scribus writes
javascript when it makes the pdf.  so why would the settings in the pdf show
only no script?

i did an uninstall and fresh install of both acrobat and scribus.  go
figure.

dwain

On 2/7/07, Ludi Maciel <iludi at uol.com.br> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 23:05, Dwain Alford wrote:
> > i filed a bug on this issue and received a report that it has been
> > resolved.  if it has been resolved, then why does acrobat 5 (full
> version)
> > continually crash?  any thoughts?
> >
> Have you tried a newer version? (it doesn't have to be the 'full' [a.k.a
> professional] version).
>
> Ludi

dwain alford
p.o. box 145