[Scribus] cmyk workflow

Axel Bojer axelb
Tue Feb 6 07:13:52 CET 2007

Branko Vukelic skrev:
> On Monday 05 February 2007 21:07:49 Axel Bojer wrote:
>
>> How? The image is totally flattende and looks quite as it should be,
>> quite the way I made it in Scribus. All my problems would be solved if
>> this file could be made cmyk and still be printed the way this file
>> looks on the screen. No transparency in this file at all, no layers no
>> nothing, just plain png -- made tiff by Gimp. I will try Imagemagick,
>> perhaps that will be a help.
>
> If you are on Windows, you may use GIMP with Separate plugin. If you are on
> Linux, you can use Krita as well. It supports color-managed RGB-CMYK
> conversions. Krita is part of KOffice suite, but depending on distro, you may
> acquire it as a separate package.

Yes, I tried Krita ... and Imagemagick and jpegicc ... they all seem to
make a reasonable job with it, maybe I can describe more in detail later ...

> Under Linux, there is also another way to flatten your PDF. Export PDF 1.4
> from Scribus. Then open it in Acrobat Reader. Go to Print dialogue, and
> select print to file near bottom. You will get a flattened PostScript file.
> Then use ps2pdf13 command (part of GhostScript) like so:
>
> ps2pdf somefile.ps somefile.pdf
>
> You should now have a flattened PDF. Some people here on this list have
> suggested that there may be problems with this method, but it works okay for
> me. YMMV.

Interesting ...
But my real problem was not he flattening (but, well, here is something
to try too to solve it), that was solved through exporting the whole
page as png (crude, as said, but, yes, worked :-) convert to tiff and
reimport it. The cmyk thing is now my concern, as described I hope this
has been properly solved after all, I am now eager to see what the
printer says to this my conlusion ...

Then , off I go ...

Best regards
Axel Bojer