[Scribus] cmyk workflow

jon info
Mon Feb 5 21:36:01 CET 2007

Am 05.02.2007 um 21:07 schrieb Axel Bojer:

> How? The image is totally flattende and looks quite as it should be,
> quite the way I made it in Scribus. All my problems would be solved if
> this file could be made cmyk and still be printed the way this file
> looks on the screen. No transparency in this file at all, no layers no
> nothing, just plain png -- made tiff by Gimp. I will try Imagemagick,
> perhaps that will be a help.

I don't think so. I am not fully aware of the options within .png
format, but
as scribus is not capable to reduce transparencies the .png will, if it
still
looks right, contain the transparent layers and vectors. So if you
render
the file to plain tiff, as long as gimp is not capable of transforming
them,
which it is not (as others here stated), they will be excluded - and
rendered
to unwanted results.

According to a former discussion here, I don't think there are useful
image
converters for linux wich can do what you want. At least no free
versions.
Sorry. I think you have to redo your work or send some rgb pdf to me.