[Scribus] Ink blots on PDF

Archimedes Arevalo archimedes.arevalo
Mon Feb 5 09:39:26 CET 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 16:29:16 Owen wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:57:17 +0800
>
> Archimedes Arevalo <archimedes.arevalo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am doing layouts and PDF outputs for a Linux distro (PCLInuxOS, sorry
> > for the plug) magazine. We recently had a new release, and bundled with
> > this was 1.3.3.7. Much as I am pleased to be using Scribus, I cannot
> > seem to tweak the settings to get good PDFs. Apart from the usual
> > tolerable "strange" behaviors", the layout process, etc. are in good
> > order but when it comes to opening the PDF file, the pages are
> > unreadable. Imagine a book left out in the rain, and the ink of the
> > pages are all smudged. I am at a lost on where else to look.
> >
> > I've attached at small clipping for your inspection.
>
> What font were you using? Was it embedded in the PDF?
>

> Owen

Yes, they were. As a matter of fact, I tried different obvious ways to rectify
our problem but in order for us to get that magazine release on time, I had
to run a remastered LiveCD and use 1.3.3.4 and the text were OK.

The typefaces we used were a mixture of GPLed TTFs and Postscript Type 1s.

As it is, the problem remains and we are hopeful that the Scribus community
may have some answers and/or solutions for us.

--
?@??hie?

I believe that my growth has reached an impasse. I have endeavored to become
more human ... to grow beyond my original programming. Still I am unable to
grasp such basic concepts as humor.

Registered GNU/Linux User No. 401868