[Scribus] Ink blots on PDF

Archimedes Arevalo archimedes.arevalo
Mon Feb 5 08:57:17 CET 2007

Hello,

I am doing layouts and PDF outputs for a Linux distro (PCLInuxOS, sorry
for the plug) magazine. We recently had a new release, and bundled with
this was 1.3.3.7. Much as I am pleased to be using Scribus, I cannot
seem to tweak the settings to get good PDFs. Apart from the usual
tolerable "strange" behaviors", the layout process, etc. are in good
order but when it comes to opening the PDF file, the pages are
unreadable. Imagine a book left out in the rain, and the ink of the
pages are all smudged. I am at a lost on where else to look.

I've attached at small clipping for your inspection.

Thank you for any help.

---
?@??hie?

I believe that my growth has reached an impasse. I have endeavored to
become more human ... to grow beyond my original programming. Still I am
unable to grasp such basic concepts as humor.

Registered Linux User No. 401868

?@??hie?

I believe that my growth has reached an impasse. I have endeavored to become
more human ... to grow beyond my original programming. Still I am unable to
grasp such basic concepts as humor.

Registered GNU/Linux User No. 401868