[Scribus] Debugging problems with start on OSX

Michael Crisci macrisci
Sat Feb 3 16:24:34 CET 2007

To Jon, Andreas, Greg, and anyone else who has an opinion on this:

You know,

     I also have a Windows machine, so I downloaded Scribus for
Windows, and it acts EXACTLY like
I expected it to: I can go into a text window and just start typing,
or do minor editing in the text window.
What a snap! I also have Pagestream, which does one even better
because you don't need a text box.
Now I have read (thanks Greg!) because of QT, you can't do this in
Scribus Aqua on the Mac.

     Will Scribus Aqua for the Mac get to the point that one doesn't
have to do extra steps just to work with text,
or edit text? Honestly, if I need to VISUALLY edit my composition for
balance, symmetry, and content,
the last thing I'm wanting to do is to edit it remotely through the
storyboard, come back to the text window and
find out that it doesn't look like what I originally wanted.

Michael Crisci