[Scribus] [related] Collaborative Work with OpenOffice: PengYou

Ludwig scribus
Fri Feb 2 01:54:59 CET 2007

Matt,

The idea is great. But I guess it involves quite a lot more than what
Scribus is purposed for. It would be exciting if you could manage to set off
this project and I would certainly further the initiative.

If a CMS would need to be able to work with Scribus, I think it is of the
greatest importance that Scribus would support XML import. Version control
and reusability of assets would be done by the CMS and could easily be
supported by Scribus, OOo &c, once the new project has done the necessary
development.

XML import would be nice to have sooner, and would truly show to be a great
feature for a CMS and automated typesetting/document generation. Adobe
InDesign has XML import, but it's quite tiresome; that of Quark is, to be
bold, lousy. ConTeXt does this far better and I think, hope, Scribus and
other FLOSS projects will take advantage of the work that is being done
already by the TeX community, that of ConTeXt and XeTeX in particular.

Ludwig